Western Governors University has partnered with StraighterLine to offer the StraighterLine Scholarship for transfer students. These scholarships, each valued up to $2,000, are designed for motivated students who have completed at least four StraighterLine courses who wish to continue their education and earn a degree to take their careers and lives forward.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Transfer four or more StraighterLine courses to WGU.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU.
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. This is a competitive program based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship program is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship up to 60 days prior to their start date and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. Students starting more than 60 days after submitting a scholarship application will not be considered for the scholarship. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
- B.A. Interdisciplinary Studies (K-8)
- B.A. Special Education (K-12)
- B.A. Mathematics (5-9 or 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Chemistry, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Physics, 5-12)
- B.A. Science (Biological Sciences, 5-12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Elementary Education (K—8)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Mathematics (5—9 or 5—12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Science (5—9 or 5—12)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Preparation, Social Science (5—12)
- M.A. Teaching, Elementary Ed (K—8)
- M.A. Teaching, English (5—12)
- M.A. Teaching, Mathematics (5—9 or 5—12)
- M.A. Teaching, Science (5—9 or 5—12)
- M.A. Teaching, Social Science (5—12)
College of Business
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. Business—Healthcare Management
- B.S. Business—Human Resource Management
- B.S. Business—IT Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Accounting
College of Information Technology
- B.S. Data Management/Data Analytics
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Information Technology—Network Administration
- B.S. Information Technology—Security
- B.S. Software Development
- B.S. Health Informatics
College of Health Professions
Before scholarship distribution, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to adhere to the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens.
FINANCIAL AID IS ALSO AVAILABLE
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree program through federal financial aid. Federal Pell Grants, which do not have to repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
To learn more about the scholarship program or WGU’s degrees before submitting an application, contact an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 877.214.7011.
HOW TO APPLY
REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS
Check out the scholarships currently available at WGU and identify some that might be right for you. We don’t want you to unnecessarily waste your time with applying if you don’t meet the scholarship qualifications, so it’s worth checking the website to make sure there is an opportunity that fits you.
COMPLETE THE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
To be considered for any WGU scholarships, you must be provisionally accepted as a WGU student. Complete the admissions application and work with your enrollment counselor to move through the admissions process.
COMPLETE THE GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The general application is required for all WGU scholarships, and lets us learn more about you and which scholarships you may be eligible for. To access the application, you will need your MyWGU student portal credentials, which will be sent to you shortly after Step 2. You must complete the application within 60 days of your intended start date.
REVIEW RECOMMENDED OPPORTUNITIES AND APPLY FOR THEM
Based on what you tell us in Step 3, we’ll let you know which scholarships you might be eligible for. Finish up by reviewing the recommended opportunities and completing the supplemental application for each scholarship you’d like to be considered for. These additional applications need to be submitted within 5 days of submitting the general application.