We're excited that you are considering returning to WGU Texas! This site will give you information on how to appeal for readmission to WGU Texas. You are always welcome to contact the Student Records department by e-mail at email@example.com or phone at 1-877-435-7948 extension 3147, if you need assistance. We will be happy to help you get started today!
NOTE: if you've graduated from a WGU Texas program and want to return to complete another program, please contact the enrollment department: firstname.lastname@example.org .
How can I benefit by considering a return to WGU Texas after a withdrawal?
1. You can complete your program and obtain the degree/certification you have worked toward.
2. Perhaps the reason you withdrew has passed and would no longer hinder your progress toward academic goals.
3. You may be ready to "get on with" making the changes in your life that a degree can provide to you.
4. Since the withdrawal from WGU Texas, you have tried another model to reach your academic goals and have found the flexible model of WGU Texas' distance learning to be a good fit for your lifestyle.
How do I know when I'm ready to consider a restart?
Consider why the withdrawal occurred. Perhaps things have changed for you and you are now ready and able to devote 20 hours per week to successfully reach your academic goals. Some information about the readmission process:
- You can actually reenter only when your withdrawal term has ended.
- Students who are academically suspended must wait a minimum of 6 months from the suspension date before appealing for reentry.
- The process of readmission must be completed by the 10th day of the month prior to your expected start date.
- Once approved, you will start a new term on the first of the month after your withdrawal term has ended and when you have completed the required conditions for the restart.
- Your financial account must be paid up from prior terms and tuition must be guaranteed by payment or financial aid approval/confirmation.
- If you are eligible for financial aid, your financial aid paperwork must be current and completed.
What are the steps in the readmission process?
Students begin the appeal for readmission by emailing email@example.com, or by contacting Admissions at (877) 435-7948 extension 3147. Admissions will provide an email with a link to the readmission form. The form will require the following information:
- The name of the program the student wishes to reenter.
- The reentry target date.
- A list of all previously attended institutions before and after attending WGU Texas.
- The circumstances that led to the withdrawal.
- Why the student believes the WGU Texas model is appropriate in reaching his/her academic goals.
- How the student has prepared for return, both academically and otherwise.
- Why the student believes he/she will be able to meet academic progress requirements in his/her studies if readmitted.
The readmission appeal form must be completed at least 60 days prior to your desired start date.
If the student completed any college-level work elsewhere during the absence from WGU Texas, the transfer work will only be considered for transfer credit if the student left WGU Texas for two or more years, or for at least a year and is changing programs of study. In such cases, the student should have an official transcript of that work sent to the Student Records Department for evaluation prior to readmission. Upon review of the student's readmission letter, as well as prior academic and administrative records, Student Records will make a determination and inform the student with the conditions of reentry. Readmitting students are not entitled to grandfathering. Students appealing to be readmitted must conform and comply with new admission policies unless granted an exemption through an escalated appeal. If the readmission request is denied, the student may appeal the decision to the Registrar whose decision is final.
Only students who appear to have potential for success in the WGU Texas model and within their selected program of study will be readmitted. Readmission is not automatic and could be denied for any of the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with the WGU Texas code of student conduct;
- Failure to meet academic progress requirements;
- Administratively withdrawn for non-payment, non-response or inactivity;
- Multiple withdrawals, either administratively or by request.
Readmitted students must be eligible for their desired program of study and will be subject to the admission and graduation requirements of their degree program at the time of reentry. Additionally, the student will be placed into the most current catalog version of the program. Students readmitted to the university must complete term enrollment within 10 days of the start of the term with their assigned mentor. Students must also agree to abide by the university's academic progress policy.
What will happen once I have actually been readmitted?
When you have met the conditions to be readmitted your record will be re-activated in the system and you will be assigned to a mentor at the start of your term. You and your mentor will receive a "welcome back" e-mail confirming your actual restart after your withdrawal. Within the first 10 days of your reentry term, you will contact the mentor to discuss your Degree Plan and establish term enrollment.
Where do I go from here? Questions?
We look forward to receiving your appeal for readmission and helping you move toward your academic goals. If you have questions:
- about the readmission process following a withdrawal, please review the WGU Student Handbook or contact Admissions by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- about your financial account status, please contact the Bursar by e-mail at email@example.com.
- about financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid office by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- about current programs at WGU Texas, visit the program of your choice at texas.wgu.edu; if you discuss programs with the enrollment department, please let them know you are considering readmission following a withdrawal.