WGU Texas Go Further in Human Resources Scholarship
In the same spirit of encouraging scholarship and providing opportunity for personal and professional growth, WGU Texas is proud to offer the Go Further in Human Resources Scholarship Program. These scholarships, each valued up to $2,000, are designed for motivated HR personnel who wish to continue their education and earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree to take their careers and lives forward.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Be working in Human Resources or a related field.
- Be an active member of a Texas SHRM affiliate chapter.
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Be officially admitted to WGU Texas.
- Submit official transcripts showing all previous college courses.
- Complete the scholarship application, including an essay on “How My Education at WGU Texas Will Make Me a More Effective Human Resources Practitioner and/or Business Person.” Essay must be a minimum of 500 words in length, not to exceed 750 words.
- Interview with a WGU Texas scholarship committee prior to award decision.
Five scholarships will be awarded based on regional affiliate location; one each to: Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, and Fort Worth. An additional ten scholarships will be distributed to any other eligible Texas SHRM affiliate chapter member. This is a competitive program based on a candidate’s academic record, financial need, readiness for online study, and current competency, plus other considerations.
NOTE: This scholarship program is designed for new WGU Texas students only. Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship up to 90 days prior to their start date and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. Students starting more than 90 days after submitting a scholarship application will not be considered for the scholarship. WGU Texas employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Before scholarship distribution, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Texas Student Handbook and agree to adhere to the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens.
Scholarship Value: $2,000 maximum
This scholarship will be credited to your account at the rate of $500 per six-month term, renewable for up to four terms.
Tuition for a six-month term for most programs is $2,890, less the $500 per-term scholarship.
- WGU Teachers College
- College of Business
- College of Information Technology
- College of Health Professions
Financial Aid is Also Available
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree program through federal financial aid.
Federal Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
To learn more about the scholarship program or WGU Texas’ degree programs before submitting an application, contact an Enrollment Counselor toll-free at 1-877-214-7011.
This scholarship is offered in partnership with The Society for Human Resource Management.
Note: Before you can apply for this scholarship, you must first apply for admission.
Scholarship application deadline: January 15, 2016 (CT)