Western Governors University has partnered with Free For Charity (FFC) to offer two Leaders in Nonprofit Scholarships to professionals working in the nonprofit sector. Founded by a WGU alumnus, FFC seeks to “reduce costs and increase revenues for nonprofits; putting that money back into their charitable mission where it belongs.” FCC knows that the strength of a nonprofit lies in its leadership, and that a master's or undergraduate degree can help the individual and the nonprofit grow and succeed.
To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Complete an application for admission.
- Complete a scholarship application.
- Submit official transcripts of all prior college work including record of an associate’s degree.
- Submit proof of employment with a nonprofit organization.
- Be officially admitted to a WGU business or IT degree program.
NOTE: This scholarship is designed for new WGU students only. Students are eligible to apply for this scholarship up to 60 days prior to their start date and up to 60 days after starting a degree program. Students starting more than 60 days after submitting a scholarship application will not be considered for the scholarship. WGU employees and their spouses are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
College of Information Technology
- B.S. Cloud and Systems Administration
- B.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- B.S. Data Management/Data Analytics
- B.S. Information Technology
- B.S. Network Operations and Security
- B.S. Software Development
- B.S. Health Information Management
- M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- M.S. Information Technology Management
College of Business
- B.S. Business Management
- B.S. Business—Human Resource Management
- B.S. Business—Information Technology Management
- B.S. Business—Healthcare Management
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Accounting
- Master of Business Administration
- MBA Information Technology Management
- MBA Healthcare Management
- M.S. Management and Leadership
- M.S. Accounting
- M.S. Integrated Healthcare Management
Multiple scholarships will be awarded. However, this is a competitive program and scholarships will be awarded based on a candidate’s academic record, readiness for online study at WGU, and current competency, plus other considerations.
Before monies are distributed, the scholarship recipients must read the WGU Student Handbook and agree to and understand the academic progress, tuition, and refund policies. The student will also be required to sign a WGU Scholarship Agreement before monies will be awarded. The student must also meet the university’s On Time Progress requirements to maintain scholarship eligibility. Recipients must be U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens.
FINANCIAL AID IS ALSO AVAILABLE
You may choose to pay for the remaining portion of your degree through federal financial aid (subject to your eligibility). Pell Grants, which do not have to be repaid, are granted based on financial need. Federal Unsubsidized Student Loans are available to most students. Subsidized loans, which are dependent on financial need, reduce the interest due on loans. Click here to learn more about financial aid.
HOW TO APPLY
REVIEW SCHOLARSHIP OFFERINGS
Check out the scholarships currently available at WGU and identify some that might be right for you. We don’t want you to unnecessarily waste your time with applying if you don’t meet the scholarship qualifications, so it’s worth checking the website to make sure there is an opportunity that fits you.
COMPLETE THE ADMISSIONS APPLICATION
To be considered for any WGU scholarships, you must be provisionally accepted as a WGU student. Complete the admissions application and work with your enrollment counselor to move through the admissions process.
COMPLETE THE GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The general application is required for all WGU scholarships, and lets us learn more about you and which scholarships you may be eligible for. To access the application, you will need your MyWGU student portal credentials, which will be sent to you shortly after Step 2. You must complete the application within 60 days of your intended start date.
REVIEW RECOMMENDED OPPORTUNITIES AND APPLY FOR THEM
Based on what you tell us in Step 3, we’ll let you know which scholarships you might be eligible for. Finish up by reviewing the recommended opportunities and completing the supplemental application for each scholarship you’d like to be considered for. These additional applications need to be submitted within 5 days of submitting the general application.